Shop Helper (Tulsa, OK)
Scott-Macon Equipment, an Equal Opportunity Employer with branches in Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, is seeking a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills in Tulsa, OK. We need you to repair crane equipment in a safe and timely manner per Company policies and procedures, manufacturers’ specifications and recommendations, and federal, state, and local regulations. Shop Helpers follow regulations and policies established by on-site customer locations.
- Assists in repairing crane equipment safely and in a timely manner as directed by supervisor(s) and in accordance with regulatory and manufacturer guidelines.
- Attends any safety training or other appropriate training such as manufacturers’ training.
- Supports good customer relations by providing excellent service while complying with customer jobsite and safety rules while on customer premises.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the ability to drive a company truck as required.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area by cleaning up tools and area after completing repairs.
- Protects Company assets, both physical assets and customer information.
- Provides adequate tools to perform assigned jobs.
- Reports any unsafe work conditions to his/her supervisor and/or other management personnel.
- Communicates professionally with coworkers, customers, vendors and the public.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Travels to various job sites on short notice as needed to assist field technicians make crane repairs.
- Uses time clock when at Company headquarters and accurately completes time sheet when at other locations.
- Performs other duties as required, requested, warranted and in the best interest of the Company.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Preferred experience in heavy equipment or repair facilities.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to follow instruction from technician assigned to.
- Preferred that you supply your own hand tools and/or willing to purchase hand tools as required.
- Must be able to lift and carry greater than 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday through Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)