Shop Mechanic (Tulsa, OK)
Scott-Macon Equipment, an Equal Opportunity Employer with branches in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma, is seeking a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and excellent mechanical skills in Tulsa, OK. We need you to repair crane equipment in a safe and timely manner per Company policies and procedures, manufacturers’ specifications and recommendations, and federal, state, and local regulations. Shop Mechanics follow regulations and policies established by on-site customer locations.
- Repairs crane equipment safely and in a timely manner as directed by supervisor(s) and in accordance with regulatory and manufacturer guidelines.
- Attends any safety training or other appropriate training such as manufacturers’ training.
- Supports good customer relations by providing excellent service while complying with customer jobsite and safety rules while on customer premises.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to drive a company truck as required.
- Maintains a safe Service Truck by keeping state inspection, license plates, current insurance card and communicates with the Service Department on required equipment readiness.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area by cleaning up tools and area after completing repairs.
- Protects Company assets, both physical assets and customer information.
- Provides adequate tools to perform assigned jobs.
- Reports any unsafe work conditions to his/her supervisor and/or other management personnel.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, customers, vendors, and the public.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Travels to various job sites on short notice as needed for crane repairs.
- Uses time clock when at Company headquarters and accurately completes time sheet when at other locations.
- Performs other duties as required, requested, warranted, and in the best interest of the Company.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Completion of diesel mechanic/hydraulic trade school or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining mobile crane equipment (rough terrain, all-terrain, crawler, industrial carrydeck, etc.) and other lifting equipment preferred.
- 5 years relative experience with mechanic/hydraulic equipment preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting various equipment lines, including Tadano, Tadano Demag, Tadano Mantis, Broderson, Kobelco and Grove.
- Experience with electrical, drive train, engine, hydraulic and computer-controlled systems.
- Ability to read schematics, both hydraulic and electrical.
- Ability to weld and use a cutting torch.
- Must supply own hand tools.
- Must be able to lift and carry greater than 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(K) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday through Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)